Sweet potato pancakes made from only two ingredients.
I have been making sweet potato pancakes ever since Rory started solids. They are perfect for baby-led weaning as they are easy to pick up and have a lovely soft texture. For months now I have been meaning to post this recipe but Rory doesn’t like to wait for his food in the morning and, therefore, I have never had a chance to take a decent photo!
We love banana pancakes and these are a little similar. Like banana pancakes they only have two main ingredients and no flour. I do find these easier to flip and feel that they are a little more fluffy.
The next time you are making something with sweet potato then make a little extra and give these a try. If you have a lot left over then why not make some of these sweet potato truffles too!
Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- coconut oil (for frying)
- Mix the eggs and sweet potato together with the cinnamon and ginger.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium / high heat
- Spoon one to two tablespoon of the mixture into the pan (these work best as small pancakes)
- Turn the heat to medium/low and allow to cook for around 2 mins
- Flip and heat until cooked through