Banana Pancakes made with only 2 ingredients. Perfect for babies and big kids too!
These banana pancakes are made with only two ingredients, egg and banana, making them gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar-free. Fantastic for baby led weaning but perfect for older kids too.
It’s hard to believe that just a banana and a couple of eggs can produce these tasty and moist pancakes, but it is TRUE and they are so easy to make.
- Mash one ripe banana until smooth
- Mix the banana together with two eggs until fully combined.
- Fry tablespoonfuls of the mixture in a little coconut oil, flip and enjoy – simple, delicious & nutritious.
This is a great recipe for getting your kids to help in the kitchen. Young kids will love to help mash the banana and crack the eggs into the bowl. Older kids, with supervision, can help flip the pancakes.
Because there is no flour in these pancakes, they can be a little tricky to handle and need a little practice to get right. Here are some tips to help you get perfect pancakes every time.
- Keep the pancakes small – I make mine 1 tbsp in size, this makes it much easier to handle (and a great size for little hands). Stick to 1-2 tbsp max, any bigger and you may up with sweet scrambled eggs.
- Have patience – Wait until the pancakes are fully cooked on one side before flipping. This will take around 1-2 mins and the underside should be pretty golden (lift a corner to have a peek)
- Use a thin spatula – so you can easily get under these delicate pancakes.
ADDING FLAVOUR & TEXTURE
Two Ingredient Banana pancakes are great just as they are but taste amazing with a little bit of extra flavour. Why not try adding some
- Ground Ginger
- Fruit pieces (e.g blueberries, strawberries)
- Dried Fruit (e.g sultanas)
- Shredded Coconut
Try topping the pancakes with
- Chia jam
- Peanut butter and banana slices
- Greek yoghurt and fresh berries
- Coconut Butter
DO THEY TASTE LIKE REAL PANCAKES?
If you’re expecting these to taste like classic pancakes then you will be disappointed. The texture of these pancakes is very different, they are very moist and quite dense. But as I mentioned in my 2 ingredient sweet potato pancake recipe, different doesn’t mean bad.
The moist texture is great for babies and younger kids and they are sure to love the sweet banana taste that comes through quite strong. My two boys loved these as babies and still do now, aged 4 & 7.
You may also like
Have you tried this recipe? I love receiving your feedback, please rate and leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylittlefoodies
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kind-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon (optional - see note 1)
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil (or butter)
- Mash the banana in a bowl
- Add the eggs and mix together
- Stir in the cinnamon (optional) or other add in options
- Heat the coconut oil (or butter) in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp spoonful of batter to the pan to make one pancake. Continue to fill the pan, leaving enough space to easily flip each pancake.
- Fry for around 2 mins on each side. The pancakes are very delicate so take care when flipping.
- Serve with a topping of your choice.
- Add in options - cinnamon, ground ginger, cardamom, vanilla, fruit pieces, dried fruit, chopped nuts.