These pea fritters (or green pancakes as Finn calls them) are easy to make and can be whipped up quickly. They taste delicious both hot and cold, so any leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
I blitzed half the peas in a processor with the batter, which turned it green, but if you prefer you could just crush the peas separately and stir them through the batter before frying.
Peas are a great nutritional addition to you and your kid’s diet. They are amongst the best vegetable source of fibre, which helps to keep digestive system working efficiently. They have a good supply of protein and iron and are a great source of vitamin C to help promote a healthy immune system.
A great finger food for kids
- 3 cups (400g) frozen peas
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (210g) self raising flour
- 1 spring onion - chopped
- 1/3 cup (55 g) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Boil the peas for 4 minutes and drain.
- Add the flour, eggs, spring onion and half of the peas to a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Fold through the remaining peas, feta cheese and parsley.
- Fry spoonfuls of the mixture in a little oil for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
Nutrition facts are an ESTIMATE only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.