These Pea Fritters (or green pancakes as Finn calls them) are easy to make and can be whipped up quickly. They taste delicious both hot and cold, so any leftovers are great for the lunchbox.
How to Make Pea Fritters
What I love about this recipe is that it is so simple to prepare and you can whip them up in minutes. Most of the ingredients are blended in the food processor with the remaining being stirred through.
Half the peas are blended into the mixture and the rest are stirred in. This provides the fritter with a nice bit of texture. If your child doesn’t like “bits” in their food then you can choose to blend all the peas into the batter.
I’ve added feta and parsley for flavour but this can easily be customised to taste. I often adapt the recipe to what I have available. They taste delicious with mint or basil and fantastic with some lemon.
I’ve made the pancakes quite small in size, using 1 tbsp of the mixture. This is a great size for little hands or for fitting in the lunch box.
Cook over a medium heat until golden brown, approx. a couple of minutes on each side.
These pea fritters are so versatile. You can serve them as a delicious savoury breakfast, pack them in the lunchbox or serve them as part of a main meal.
I love to dish them up with a delicious dip, often just yoghurt mixed with lemon and herbs. They also taste amazing with a tasty avocado salsa.
Serve them with vegetables or a salad to complete the meal. Sometimes I add a poached egg on top too.
I pop these fritters in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator overnight. If I want to store them any longer I generally freeze them.
To freeze them I individually wrap and then store them in a freezable container.
You may also like
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kind-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
- 400g (3 cups) Frozen Peas
- 3 Eggs
- 180g (1 1/2 cups) Self raising flour *SEE NOTE 1
- 1 spring onion - chopped
- 55g (1/3 cup) Crumbled Feta Cheese *SEE NOTE 2
- 2 tbsp Chopped Parsley *SEE NOTE 3
- Boil the peas for 4 minutes and drain.
- Add the flour, eggs, spring onion and half of the peas to a food processor and pulse until combined. *SEE NOTE 4
- Fold through the remaining peas, feta cheese and parsley.
- Fry tablespoons of the mixture in a little oil for approx 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- You can substitute self-raising flour with all purpose flour and 1 tsp of baking powder
- You can miss this out if worrying about sodium levels (when serving a baby)
- Parsley can be replaced or mixed with other herbs such as mint or basil.
- If your kids don't like texture then you can blend all the peas into the mixture.