Smoked Paprika Dip that comes together with less than five ingredients in two minutes flat. A healthier dip you can serve with anything from veggies to fries.
The time has come for me to share the most basic of recipes with you - a paprika dip.
Due to how quick and easy it is to make, you can find it featured in many of my recipes (like these corn ribs, vegetable croquettes and coconut chicken tenders). As I often get requests for the recipe, it is time to let it shine in its very own recipe post.
Reasons to Love this Dip
- Quick and Easy - whip it up in 2 mins
- Simple Ingredients - Yogurt, mayo, smoked paprika and lime
- Healthy - Greek yogurt is the base of the recipe, providing protein to keep tummies fuller for longer, as well as other nutrients such as calcium, vitamin B12 and selenium.
Watch How to Make It (Video)
Ingredient Information (with suggested alternatives)
This section gives more information on the ingredients and suggests alternatives where possible. For the full recipe, with ingredient amounts, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Greek Yogurt - Can sub with any natural yogurt
- Mayonnaise - Helps to cut the tartness of the yogurt, can skip if you prefer or replace with some olive oil.
- Smoked Paprika, also known as pimentón, is prepared by smoking peppers over an oak fire, unlike typical paprika which is usually machine-dried. The smoky, sweet depth of smoked paprika is what makes this dip so don't be tempted to replace it with regular paprika, the dip just won't be the same.
- Lime - Adds a little zing, enhances the flavour and helps thin out the dip. You can replace it with lemon if you wish.
- Salt - Helps to bring out the flavour and balance the dip.
This dip couldn't be more simple to make. Just add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
Taste and adjust accordingly (add more smoked paprika for extra flavour, add a little more mayo if you find it a little tart, add a touch of honey if you are looking for more sweetness (not suitable for babies) etc)
If you let the dip sit for a while the smoky flavour intensifies.
I love to serve this dip with
- Cut up raw veggies
- Sweet potato wedges
- Carrot fries
- Sweetcorn Quinoa Fritters
- Air fryer carrots
- Roasted broccoli
- Broccoli tots
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Corn Ribs
- Easy Lentil Burgers (as a sauce)
- Beef Burgers with Hidden Veggies
Smoked Paprika Dip for Babies / Toddlers
This dip/sauce can be served to a baby/toddler from 6 month+. Make sure to use mild smoked paprika and start with a smaller amount first. I would skip the mayo, especially if it contains raw egg, and don't add any salt.
This dip contains dairy (yogurt) and egg (mayo) which are common food allergens. They should be introduced separately before offering this dip.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kid-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Smoked Paprika Dip
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Salt do not add if making for a baby/young child
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.