This simple fresh mint yogurt sauce is easy to whip up and is delicious served in a number of ways.
Reasons to Love this Mint Yogurt Sauce
- EASY: A little bit of chopping, squeezing and mixing. Done.
- FLAVOUR: Fresh and zingy.
- NUTRITION: Yogurt is a great source of protein and fat. It is a good source of calcium for bone development and contains vitamin A, B-vitamins, zinc and potassium
- YOGURT:Use full-fat natural yogurt, greek yogurt will work too.
- MINT: Use fresh, substituting with dried will not produce the same results.
- LEMON JUICE: Fresh lemon juice adds a little zing, you could substitute with lime.
- GARLIC: Optional, can skip if preffered.
Process Shots and Cooking Tips
There really isn’t much to this recipe. Finely chop mint leaves, discarding the stalks. Add the mint to a mixing bowl along with yogurt, chopped garlic and lemon juice. Taste and season accordingly.
Watch How to Make It
This mint yogurt sauce is a great condiment or dip and works well with so many things. Try serving it….
- as a dip with cut vegetables
- added to a pita with spiced lamb meatballs
- with baked falafel
- on grilled chicken
- dolloped on burgers
Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Mint Yogurt Sauce for Babies
This sauce is fantastic for babies (6 months plus) and is great for adding healthy fats and protein to a snack. Yogurt does contain dairy, a common allergen so dairy should be introduced safely first.
Under twos should have full-fat yogurt as babies need a lot of fat at this age to support cell structure, metabolism, brain, gut, immune, and nervous system development.
Don’t be afraid to add herbs and spices to baby food, it can help to cultivate adventurous little foodies.
If you would prefer a smoother sauce, you can blend the mint, garlic and lemon together before mixing with the yogurt.
Do not add salt if serving to a baby.
Other dips/sauces you may like…
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kind-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 4 sprigs Fresh Mint (equivalent to 2 tbsp of finely chopped mint)
- ½ Garlic Clove ,minced
- ½ Lemon , juice of
- 1 cup (250ml) Full Fat Plain Yogurt
- Salt and Pepper to taste*
- Finely chop the mint leaves, discarding the stalks, and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the yogurt, garlic and juice of half a lemon to the bowl. Mix until combined.
- Season and adjust to taste.