Mango Pineapple Chicken – A delicious, fruity dish that kids are sure to love.
When I add fruit to my kids’ meals then they instantly gain approval. Meals like fruity chicken curry or sweet and sour chicken are requested often in our house. This mango pineapple chicken is another favourite. Finn likes to keep all the fruit until the end, Rory likes to eat all the fruit first!
I love how easy this is to make, once you have chopped all the veggies, chicken and fruit it is just a case of browning the chicken, along with the veg, before adding all the sauce ingredients. Then just let it simmer away to let the flavours all blend together.
We love this served with rice or with quinoa. If using quinoa I usually mix it through the dish at the end so that it is all combined. The quinoa tastes great the next day cold.
You May Also Like
Have you tried this recipe? I love receiving your feedback, please rate and leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylittlefoodies
Mango and Pineapple Chicken
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 med carrot (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 large (650g) chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum) (finely chopped)
- 400 g can of tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 432 g can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 mango (chopped into cubes)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion, celery, garlic, carrot and chicken, over a medium heat, until the onion has softened (approx 5 mins).
- Add the bell pepper (capsicum) and fry for a couple more mins, until the chicken has cooked.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes and 1/3 cup (80ml) of the pineapple juice from the tin of pineapples.
- Add the pineapple (drained) and mango, cover and allow to simmer for 10 mins. Remove the lid and simmer for a further 10 mins.
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.