This Mango Frozen Yogurt takes minutes to make, has only three ingredients and requires no ice-cream maker. Sweetened only with fruit, what is not to love about this mouth watering dessert?
When mangoes are in season here they are such good value and I buy them by the box. I like to freeze them so I can enjoy their deliciousness all year round.
If you don’t normally store frozen fruit then obviously you will have to factor in freezing time when making this recipe. I find the easiest way to freeze fruit is to
- Peel / remove stones and chop the fruit into bite size pieces
- Lay the fruit on a prepared baking tray, ensuring the pieces aren’t touching
- Cover and freeze until frozen.
- Transfer to a ziplock bag / container for storing.
Don’t be tempted to miss out step 2/3. Taking the time to do this ensures that your fruit doesn’t stick together. This makes it easier to remove just what you need for your recipes.
Once your fruit is frozen it is just a case of throwing it into a food processor with some greek yogurt and blending until creamy and smooth. It really isn’t any more complicated than that. Enjoy it straight away or pop it back into the freezer to enjoy later.
I added a banana to this to give it a creamy, ice-cream like texture. I think it works really well and it boosts the sweetness without having to add any sugar or sweeteners.
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kind-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Mango Frozen Yogurt
- 150g 5.29 oz Frozen Mango Chunks
- 50g (1/2 banana) Frozen Banana Slices
- 120g (1/2 cup) Greek yogurt
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or return to freezer in airtight container.
- Nutritional information is an ESTIMATE only and is calculated using an online nutrition calculator. Facts are given as a GUIDE only.