Carrot Hummus – A healthy and delicious carrot and chickpea dip/ spread.
Happy New Year! I’m kicking off the year with a recipe for a delicious healthy dip. This Christmas, Finn insisted I bought enough carrots to feed an army of reindeers. Now I have been left with a ton of carrots to use up.
Normally, when I lived in the UK, I’d have made soup but it is so hot here that I just couldn’t face it. This carrot hummus is a much better fit for the Australian weather. It is perfect for dipping cold, crisp veggies in or to spread on crackers.
You will love how simple this dip is to make, once you have cooked some carrots it is just a case of blitzing all the ingredients together in a food processor/blender.
This dip was a big hit with my boys. Whenever I lay down my board to take a photo, both boys tend to come running over to try. I have to take photos at top speed to get a snap before their little hands get in the shot! On this shoot, the boys sat there until every ounce of the dip was gone and the plate was empty of crackers and veggies!
You May Also Like
Have you tried this recipe? I love receiving your feedback, please rate and leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylittlefoodies
- 140 g 1 large carrot roughly chopped
- 400g (14 oz) Canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium Garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Tahini
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- Place carrots in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil the reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 15-20 mins (until tender)
- Drain the carrots and allow to cool.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blitz until smooth.
Sore in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Nutritional Information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.