What is there not to love about avocados? I am slightly addicted to their creamy texture and love them thrown into salads, paired with scrambled eggs, stuffed, in sandwiches or as a snack with a squeeze of lime or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. I have even been know to bake with them (a banana and avocado bread which I may get around to adding soon.) These Avocado Quesadillas always go down well with the whole family. I like to add a splash of tabasco on mine but then I like to add tabasco to a lot of my food!
Finn was introduced to avocados at a very early age as I found them to be the perfect baby food (mash and serve.) He has been enjoying them ever since and this is one of his favourite lunches. Although avocados are high in fat it is largely the monounsaturated type which is important for a heart healthy diet.
Tortilla wraps filled with avocado and cheese and lightly dry pan fried.
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- 1 avocado - mashed
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle half the cheese on one tortilla
- Add the mashed avocado and spread to the edges
Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and then add the second tortilla on top.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Carefully place the quesadilla in the pan and cook for approx. 2-3 mins
- Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook for a further 2-3 mins.
- Slice and serve.