Devilled eggs are a little retro but retro is cool, right? I'm all for the return of the devilled egg, they are delicious and perfect for kids. These Avocado Devilled Eggs are full of good fats, from avocado, and protein from the eggs. This makes them a great breakfast, lunch or snack.
Avocado Devilled Eggs are so simple to make and fun for the kids to help with. You simply mash an avocado with the egg yolks and add any extras to suit tastes. You can make it smooth for those with texture issues or add some herbs and finely chopped onions for those that like a little more flavour. Spoon the mixture back into the egg or use a piping bag / zip lock bag to "ice" your eggs. My boys love doing this!
I've added some chopped chives into the mixture but we also love them with some freshly chopped coriander (cilantro) and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
You May Also Like
Have you tried this recipe? I love receiving your feedback, please rate and leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylittlefoodies
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kid-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Avocado Devilled Eggs
- 3 Eggs (Hard Boiled)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tablespoon Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp Chopped Chives (optional)
- Peel your hard boiled eggs and cut them in half, lengthways.
- Remove the cooked yolk and add to a mixing bowl along with the avocado and lime juice.
- Mash, with a fork, until you achieve the desired texture. Stir in the chopped chives (optional)
- Either spoon the mixture back into the eggs or, to make it fun for kids, pipe it into the eggs using a piping bag or zip lock back (as pictured)
- Serve straight away