Chocolate Orange Avocado Mousse – Creamy avocado and banana blended with sweet dates, orange and cacao.
I first posted a recipe for chocolate avocado mousse back in 2014. It is a recipe that I make often and I have been meaning to change the photos on the post for quite some time. However, I love the fact there is a picture of Finn licking the bowl and can’t really bring myself to change them. It is also nice to look back on older photos to see how my photography has improved over time.
Instead of updating the old recipe I decided to post a newer version of the dish. This chocolate orange avocado mousse, in my opinion, is even better. I used frozen banana in this version as I like the consistency it gives but you can easily use banana that isn’t frozen. The key is to make sure it is ripe and sweet. The added orange juice gives a subtle orange flavour that we all love.
Rory couldn’t wait for me to finish shooting these pots, he was straight in there enjoying it!
Chocolate Orange Avocado Mousse
- 1 ripe banana (cut into chunks and frozen)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 30 g dates (around 5 small dates)**
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- juice and rind of half and orange
- Add the dates, banana and avocado to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the cacao and orange juice and blend until combined.
- Place into small cups / dishes and top with some grated orange rind.
** You want your dates to be soft and fresh so they will blend easy. If they are a little dry I would soak them in boiling water for a min to soften.