Looking for a super quick lunch idea? Apple and Cheese Quesadillas can be whipped up in ten minutes. They are really easy to prepare, quick to cook and always a hit. Here’s a look at the process involved…
- Core, half and thinly slice an apple
- Sprinkle some cheese on a tortilla wrap
- Add the apple slices
- Sprinkle on a little more cheese
- Top with a second tortilla
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and carefully transfer the quesadilla to pan
- Cook for 2-3 mins (or until golden), carefully flip using a fish slice/spatula and cook for a further 2-3 min.
To complete your quesadilla lunch, why not try serving it with some simple sides. We love:
- A Side Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
- Dip (such as sour cream/yoghurt/guacamole)
- Beans (pinto / black beans etc)
- Corn on the cob
What Tortilla Wraps Should I Use?
You can use whatever you prefer. Flour, whole-wheat and corn will all work. Just make sure they are soft so they hold together well. Tortilla wraps can vary in size, I usually use a medium-sized wrap (easier to flip than the large ones).
Apple and Cheese Quesadillas Added Extras
Why not try adding one (or all) of these to your quesadilla
- caramelised onions
- fresh thyme
These quesadillas are best eaten warm, straight after cooking.
You May Also Like
Have you tried this recipe? I love receiving your feedback. Please rate and leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylittlefoodies.
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kind-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Apple and Cheese Quesadilla
- Large frying pan
- 4 Tortillas Wraps
- 1 Apple, cored ans thinly sliced
- 100g (1 cup) Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the grated cheese on one of the tortillas.
- Place half of the apple slices on top
- Sprinkle with another 1/4 cup of cheese and top with another tortilla.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Carefully place the quesadilla in the pan and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove, slice and serve.
- Repeat for second quesadilla.
This post was originally posted Jan 13, 2014. It has been updated to include new photos and information. The recipe remains the same.