Sweet and salty, crunchy and creamy, these Cheese and Apple Quesadillas are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
How to Make Apple & Cheese Quesadillas
Looking for a super quick lunch idea? Apple and Cheese Quesadillas can be whipped up in ten minutes. They are really easy to prepare, quick to cook and always a hit. Here's a look at the process involved...
- Core, half and thinly slice an apple
- Sprinkle some cheese on a tortilla wrap
- Add the apple slices
- Sprinkle on a little more cheese
- Top with a second tortilla
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and carefully transfer the quesadilla to pan
- Cook for 2-3 mins (or until golden), carefully flip using a fish slice/spatula and cook for a further 2-3 min.
To complete your quesadilla lunch, why not try serving it with some simple sides. We love:
- A Side Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
- Dip (such as sour cream/yoghurt/guacamole)
- Beans (pinto / black beans etc)
- Corn on the cob
What Tortilla Wraps Should I Use?
You can use whatever you prefer. Flour, whole wheat and corn will all work. Just make sure they are soft so they hold together well. Tortilla wraps can vary in size, I usually use a medium-sized wrap (easier to flip than the large ones).
Added Filling Ideas
Why not try adding one (or all) of these to your quesadilla
- caramelised onions
- fresh thyme
These quesadillas are best eaten warm, straight after cooking.
You May Also Like
- Avocado Cheese Quesadillas
- Vegetable Quesadillas
- Pork with a Creamy Apple Sauce
- Apple & Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Apple Cucumber Salad
Have you tried this recipe? I love receiving your feedback. Please rate and leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylittlefoodies.
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kid-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Apple and Cheese Quesadilla
- Large frying pan
- 4 Tortillas Wraps
- 1 Apple, cored ans thinly sliced
- 100g (1 cup) Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of the grated cheese on one of the tortillas.
- Place half of the apple slices on top
- Sprinkle with another ¼ cup of cheese and top with another tortilla.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Carefully place the quesadilla in the pan and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove, slice and serve.
- Repeat for second quesadilla.
This post was originally posted Jan 13, 2014. It has been updated to include new photos and information. The recipe remains the same.
Leave a Comment