I’ve mentioned it before but I do think avocado is the greatest baby food. No preparation is needed – just slice/mash and serve. They are packed full of important nutrients, good fats and taste delicious too.
When Finn was a baby he had avocado by itself or mixed with pureed pear, pureed apple, mashed banana, sweet potato, potato, egg…… you name it I tried it and Finn ate it! Now that he is older he enjoys guacamole, this is pretty much how I made it before Finn ate with us except I used to add salt and vast amount of jalapeños.
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 red onion - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 cherry tomatoes - quartered
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (cilantro)
- Mash the avocado (but not too much that it turns to a puree)
- Mix in the remaining ingredients