These Coconut Chicken Tenders are a delicious variation of chicken nuggets. They have a lovely crisp texture with a subtle sweetness.
Yesterday Finn and I made coconut chicken tenders and they were a huge hit.
Chicken dippers are a kids’ favourite and this is a nice, baked alternative. They are so easy to make and are great for getting your kids involved in the kitchen.
Set up a table with three dishes
- a flour dish,
- an egg dish and
- a panko/coconut mix dish.
Dip the chicken tenders in the egg, then in the flour, back in the egg and finally in the coconut and breadcrumb mixture. Spray with a little oil and bake for approx. 18 mins. I used one hand to do the dry ingredients and the other hand to do the wet ingredients (to prevent clumps of breading on my fingers.) I did try to encourage Finn to do the same but it was an epic fail and he was covered!
Serve the chicken tenders with a dip of your choice. I made a smoked paprika dip that I often whip up for Finn. Mix a quarter cup of greek yogurt with a tbsp of mayonnaise and a good shake of smoked paprika. A very simple dip that Finn just loves.
Coconut Chicken Tenders
- 500g 1.1lb Chicken Tenders * See Note 1
- 1/4 cup 33g plain flour
- 2 egg
- 3/4 cup 55g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup 42g Panko breadcrumbs
- Pre heat oven to 190c / 375f / Gas 5
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and coconut and place in a dish, put the flour and egg into two separate dishes.
- Dip the chicken tenders in the egg followed by flour then again in the egg and finally in the coconut and breadcrumb mixture.
- Lightly spray with oil.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
Note 1: You can use chicken breast instead of tenders. Simply cut the chicken breasts into strips.
*Amounts of the crumb needed may vary depending on the size of the tenders.
*Nutritional info is an ESTIMATE only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.