These easy air fryer carrots take just 20 minutes and can be easily adapted with different seasonings. Sweet and tasty carrots that make a wonderful snack or side dish.
Reason’s To Love Air Fryer Carrots
- EASY – Minimal preperation needed and then the air fryer does all the hard work for you.
- TASTY – Air frying, like roasting carrots, brings out the sweetness of the carrots making them more appealing to children.
- ADAPTABLE – I’ve used a simple coating of smoked paprika and some fresh parsley but you can season to suit taste. Flavour suggestions given below.
- NUTRITIOUS -Carrots are a rich source of beta-carotene, which gets converted into Vitamin A in the body. They are a good source of fibre and high in Vitamin K, which is important for blood clotting.
Watch How to Make Them
Ingredients (with Alternative Suggestions)
- Carrots – Use any variety of carrots for this recipe.
- Olive Oil – You can choose to omit the oil if you really want but the carrots will be drier and won’t taste as good.
- Smoked Paprika – For flavour, can be skipped or replaced with a different herb / spice /flavouring.
- Fresh Parsley – Added for flavour, can be skipped or replaced with a different herb / spice /flavouring
- Salt and Pepper – Brings out the flavour of the carrots, add to taste and skip if serving a little one.
Want to try some other ways to flavour the carrots? Why not try…
- CUMIN & ORANGE: Coat in olive oil and cumin before cooking and add a squeeze of orange juice after cooking.
- DILL & ORANGE: Toss in olive oil before cooking and then add fresh dill and a squeeze of orange juice after cooking.
- HONEY: Mix a little honey with the oil and coat before cooking. Make sure to keep checking the carrots during the cooking process as will be more prone to burning.
- LEMON & PARSLEY: Coat in olive oil before cooking and then add a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh parsley
- SUMAC: Mix sumac with olive oil to coat with before cooking.
Process Shots and Cooking Tips
- PEEL & CHOP CARROTS
I recommend peeling carrots when air frying for best flavour, however it is not necessary. Just make sure they are washed and scrubbed to remove any dirt.
- TIP: Make sure that your carrots are evenly cut, so they all cook at the same rate.
- COMBINE INGREDIENTS IN A BOWL
Mix everything together in a large bowl before adding the carrots to the air fryer.
TIP: Make sure every carrot is evenly coated and add a touch more oil if you feel they need it. The oil stops the carrots from drying out.
- COOK FOR 20 MINS
This was the timings that worked best for my air fryer, cooking times may vary depending on the make and model of air fryer used. You should be able to push a fork through the carrot with ease and they should be nicely browned.
- TIP: Check your carrots half way through the cooking time and give the carrots a stir / air fryer basket a shake. This makes sure that the carrots are evenly cooked. Check every few mins after to ensure the carrots aren’t buring.
- ADD HERBS & SEASONING
Stir through some freshly chopped parsley and a little salt and pepper (to taste).
NOTE: Do not add salt if serving to a baby / young child.
Air fried carrots are a perfect quick side dish for most meals. They also make a fantastic snack served with a dip of choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, just make sure to cook them until they are soft enough to smash between your fingers. (Carrots are a common choking hazard so when serving them to a baby they should be cooked until soft). Do not add salt. Read more about serving carrots to babies.
I have the Ninja Foodi Multicooker.
Other Air-Fryer Recipes
Other Carrot Recipes…
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kid-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer
- 450g / 1lb Carrots
- 1½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley , chopped
- Peel carrots and cut into chunks around 3-4 cm (1 ½ inch). Try to keep pieces roughly the same size. If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise first.
- Place carrots in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and smoked paprika.
- Place carrots in the air fryer basket, on a single layer, and cook at 190°C / 375°F for approx. 20 minutes. Check and shake / flip carrots halfway through and then checking every few mins after. Once done, toss with parsley and salt and pepper to taste.