This is a great winter warmer soup. We like it with big slices of potatoes but if you prefer a smoother soup, or if you want to disguise those leeks, then just add some greek yogurt or creme fresh and blitz.
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kind-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
- 20 g butter
- 3 leeks (around 450g) 1 cm diced
- 400 g potatoes - peeled and sliced
- 1.5 litres ( 6 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- Heat the butter in a pan. Add the leek and cook until softened on a low heat (about ten minutes)
- Add the potatoes and stock and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat and simmer with lid on for 20 - 30 minutes (until tender)