Deliciously sweet and creamy, this Mango and Lime Yogurt is a great alternative to yogurt targeted to kids.
Have you ever looked at the ingredient list on yogurts that are targeted to children? Sugar often appears near the top of the list. I have always avoided serving Finn these, instead I offer him natural yogurt with fresh fruit or with pureed fruit. This mango and lime yogurt is delicious and as I use greek yogurt it is lovely and creamy and tastes soooo good!
Of course, this isn’t a sugar free option but I prefer to add natural sugars, from fruit, rather than buying processed yogurt. You can decide the ration of mango puree to yogurt. There is quite a lot of mango in the recipe, below, which makes it higher in sugar. I often add more yogurt to keep this a little lower. Play around with the recipe and see where your kid’s acceptance level is. If your child is used kid yogurts then he/she may need more of the mango puree to start with but this can be reduced with time.
As usual I like to get Finn involved in the preparation and he loves helping. Start by blitzing the mango flesh into a puree (Chef Finn is in charge of pressing the button on the processor. ) Next, zest half a lime (now that Finn is a little older I let him do this job – with close supervision!) Add the zest and the juice of half the lime into the greek yogurt and stir until combined. Finally add the mango puree and gently stir to give a marbled effect. We add some chia seeds and shredded coconut to the top but it tastes just as delicious without.
If you love this yogurt recipe then why not try my Lemon and Blueberry Yogurt.
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kind-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Mango and Lime Yogurt
- 1 ripe mango
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 250g 1 cup natural greek yogurt
- chia seeds and shredded coconut to top (optional)
- Add all the flesh of the mango to a food processor / blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add the zest and lime juice to the yogurt and stir until combined
- Add the mango puree and gently stir to give a marbled / swirl effect.
- Sprinkle chia seeds and shredded coconut on top (optional)
* Nutritional values are an ESTIMATE only using an online nutrition calculator. They should be used as a guide only.