Apple crisps are a delicious snack made by thinly slicing apples and baking them at a low temperature for 2 hours.
Apple crisps are a really simple snack to make. Simply thinly slice apples, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake. Sometimes I core the apple but I think they are more aesthetically pleasing left as they are (as the centre is like a little star.)
Apple crisps make the perfect snack for in the house or as part of a packed lunch. No additives, no preservatives, no added sugar or salt - a natural, healthy snack.
The thinner the slices the crispier they will be. I like them to be crispy but still have a slight chew to them, to achieve this cut them approx. 3mm thick. Bake them at a low heat for approx. 2 hours. Your house will smell delicious!
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kid-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Cinnamon Apple Crisps
- 3 apples
- ground cinnamon to sprinkle
- Preheat oven 110c/ 225f / Gas ¼ and line two baking trays with grease proof paper
- Thinly slice apples and remove the pips.
- Place the slices on the baking trays and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 1 hour, turn the apples and then bake for a further hour.