Apple crisps are a delicious snack made by thinly slicing apples and baking them at a low temperature for 2 hours.
Apple crisps are a really simple snack to make. Simply thinly slice apples, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake. Sometimes I core the apple but I think they are more aesthetically pleasing left as they are (as the centre is like a little star.)
Apple crisps make the perfect snack for in the house or as part of a packed lunch. No additives, no preservatives, no added sugar or salt – a natural, healthy snack.
The thinner the slices the crispier they will be. I like them to be crispy but still have a slight chew to them, to achieve this cut them approx. 3mm thick. Bake them at a low heat for approx. 2 hours. Your house will smell delicious!
If you like these then you should also try making ginger pear crisps
Cinnamon Apple Crisps
- 3 apples
- ground cinnamon to sprinkle
- Preheat oven 110c/ 225f / Gas 1/4 and line two baking trays with grease proof paper
- Thinly slice apples and remove the pips.
- Place the slices on the baking trays and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 1 hour, turn the apples and then bake for a further hour.