Sweet Potato Christmas Bites are a fun and healthy Christmas themed food for kids and babies. Roasted sweet potato in fun Christmas shapes.
I decided to make these Sweet Potato Christmas Bites for Finn after making similar Halloween themed ones for Halloween. They were a huge hit and are so simple to prepare. They make a great snack or part of a meal.
I have been making a healthy Christmas snack every day in December and Finn has loved helping me prepare them but this was too difficult for him to help with. The cutters need quite a bit of force to get through the potatoes and it really isn’t the easiest for kids. He still enjoyed watching and was kept busy by coating the bites in olive oil and placing on the baking tray.
The cut out solid shapes looked the best but I still thought the remaining sweet potato rings looked good and were of course just as tasty! Before putting them in the oven I sprinkled them with smoked paprika (our favourite spice) but you could leave plain or use a spice of your choice.
And just because he is cute…..little Rory enjoying his Sweet Potato Christmas Bites..
If you are looking for other healthy Christmas themes snacks be sure to check out some of my other posts like these Watermelon Christmas Trees, Christmas Apple Sandwiches, Kiwi Christmas Tree, Spinach Christmas Trees, Date and Nut Christmas Puddings, Rudolph Pear, Christmas Frozen Yoghurt Bark.
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kind-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Sweet Potato Christmas Bites
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes scrubbed and cut into rounds approx. 1cm thick
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Pre heat oven to 200c / 400F / Gas 6
- Using small Christmas cookie cutters, cut a shape out of the centre of each round.
- In a large bowl gently toss both the rings and shapes in the olive oil.
- Place the shapes and rings, not touching, onto baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with the smoked paprika and cook for 20 mins (or until cooked through) turning once half way through the cooking time.