These Avocado Christmas Trees are healthy, fun and delicious. Quick to make and perfect for getting the kids involved.
What's to Love About Avocado Christmas Trees
- HEALTHY: This is a balanced lunch that contains fruit (avocado, tomato), grains (tortilla wrap), dairy (cheese). The healthy fats from the avocado are very filling and also good for brain development.
- FUN: Christmas can be a time where junk food becomes a focus so it is important to try and make healthier food fun. This avocado Christmas tree does just that. It is amazing how changing the shape of a regular lunch can give children so much pleasure.
- EASY FOR KIDS TO MAKE: They can mash and spread the avocado, cut the star cheese and place the tomato baubles. Children who are involved in preparing their meals are more likely to eat what they have made, especially when started young.
What You Need
- WRAPS: Choose your favourite, check the sodium levels for younger kids.
- AVOCADO: You need the avocado to be nice and ripe so that it mashed easily.
- CHERRY TOMATOES: You can replace the tomatoes with red capsicum (bell pepper) cut into rounds.
- CHEESE SLICES: Can be replaced with a carrot or apple etc star.
How to Make
- Mash the avocado and spread on a tortilla wrap
- Cut the wrap into quarters.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half (quarters for young children)
- Cut star shapes from a slice of cheese using a cookie cutter.
- Place the cheese star at the tip of each quarter and arrange the tomatoes to resemble baubles on a Christmas tree.
Looking for other healthy themed Christmas ideas? Why not try...
- 18 Healthy Christmas Snack
- Gingerbread Spiced Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Christmas Bites
- Christmas Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Strawberry Melon Christmas Trees
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kid-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Avocado Christmas Trees
- Star Cookie Cutter
- 1 Tortilla Wrap
- 1 Avocado Mashed
- 10 Cherry tomatoes Halved (quartered for young children)
- 2 slices Cheese (Tasty / cheddar etc)
- Mash the avocado and spread over a tortilla wrap, leaving a border around 2cm (½inch) from the edge.
- Cut the tortilla into quarters.
- Using a small star cookie cutter cut out 4 cheese star shapes. Place on the tip of each tortilla wrap quarter
- Place 5 tomato halves onto each quarter to represent the baubles