Peanut Butter Dip is a perfect accompaniment to freshly cut fruit. Made with only 3 ingredients, it can be prepared in minutes.
Snack time, in our house, usually consists of chopped veggies and/or fruit served alongside some form of protein or healthy fat. This might be a handful of nuts/seeds, some greek yoghurt, some nut butter or a delicious dip. One of the boys’ favourite is this Peanut Butter Dip.
Peanut Butter Dip Ingredients.
There are only 3 ingredients to this delicious dip – Yoghurt, Peanut Butter and Honey. However, the dip can vary quite dramatically in nutritional value and taste, depending on the type of yoghurt and peanut butter you choose.
- Yoghurt – Many flavoured yoghurts contain a lot of added sugars so it is something I don’t really purchase. Instead, I buy natural yoghurt and sweeten it myself (usually with fruit). In this recipe, I have used natural Greek yoghurt and this is what I recommend for this recipe. If your children are used to sweetened yoghurts then you may need to add a little more honey.
- Peanut Butter – Peanut butter can vary greatly from brand to brand too. Some brands have a lot of added sugar, salt and oils. I always buy a natural peanut butter made with 100% peanuts.
- Honey – I have only added 1 tsp of honey, which is enough for my kids to enjoy this dip. You may have to add more, depending on taste buds. Do not use honey if serving to a baby. Honey can contain spores of a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum, which can germinate in a baby’s immature digestive system and cause infant botulism, a rare but potentially fatal illness.
Personally, I feel the apples add a lovely sweetness to this dip but if you think your kids would need it sweeter then you can always add a little maple syrup or honey to the dip.
What to Serve with Peanut Butter Dip
This dip is delicious for
- Dipping a range of fruit into, such as apple & pear slices, celery, banana, strawberries & Fruit Kebabs
- Dolloping on top of healthy desserts such as Baked Bananas
- Spreading onto Apple rings
How to Store Peanut Butter Dip
Once prepared, transfer the dip into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
You may also like
Have you tried this recipe? I love receiving your feedback, please rate and leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram.
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kind-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Peanut Butter Dip
- 125g (1/2 cup) Natural Greek Yoghurt
- 65g (1/4 cup) Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Honey (or maple syrup)
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl. Stir, with a spoon, until fully combined, smooth and creamy.
- I use natural yoghurt and natural peanut butter (100% peanuts). Neither of which is sweet so I sweeten with a tsp of honey. As I am serving it with fruit I feel like this is enough sweetness. Alter the sweetness, depending on taste.
- Do not use honey if serving to a baby. Honey can contain spores of a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum, which can germinate in a baby's immature digestive system and cause infant botulism, a rare but potentially fatal illness.