These Strawberry and Banana Santa hats are super cute, easy to make and healthy. A fantastic snack for little ones to enjoy over the holiday period.
What is to Love About This Christmas Snack
- HEALTHY - Made from fruit, they are a great alternative to the less-than-healthy-snacks that our kids are surrounded by during the holiday period. You can choose to assemble them with whatever spread you wish depending on the age of your children and dietary needs.
- FUN - What kid doesn't love Santa? They are sure to love these strawberry Santa hats!
- EASY - You don't need much skill or time to whip up a plate of these Santa hats. In fact, they are so easy that the kids can make them (an added bonus).
Ingredients You Will Need
- Melted white chocolate, cream cheese, ricotta, whipped cream or yoghurt. To make it dairy-free you could also try coconut yoghurt or whipped coconut cream.
Step by Step Instructions
- CUT the banana into slices around ½ inch (1-1.5cm) thick
- SLICE off the end of the strawberry to make a flat base. You want the base to be roughly the size of the banana slice.
- SPREAD a small amount of melted white chocolate/ yogurt /cream cheese on the banana slice
- PLACE a strawberry on top.
- ADD a small amount of white chocolate/yogurt/cream cheese on the top of the hat to represent the hat bobble.
Can You Make Santa Hats Ahead of Time?
Unfortunately, these are best eaten soon after preparing, as the banana will start to brown. If you would like to make ahead of time, perhaps for a party, you can skip the banana slice. Instead, dip the widest part of the strawberry in melted white chocolate and then some desiccated coconut.
Looking for Other Healthy Christmas Snack Ideas? You May Like
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kid-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Strawberry Santa Hats
- 1 Banana
- 8 Strawberries
- 30g (1 oz) Melted White Chocolate (Or yogurt, cream cheese, ricotta, whipped coconut cream)
- Slice the banana into rounds around ½ inch (1-1.5cm) thick
- Slice the end off the strawberry off to make a flat base. You want the base to be roughly the size of the banana slice.
- Spread a small amount of melted white chocolate (or alternative spread) on the banana slice and place the strawberry on top.
- Add a small amount of white chocolate (or alternative spread) on top of the hat to represent the hat bobble.
- Chill for 5 mins to allow the chocolate to harden.
Leave a Comment