Tuna Frittata – Egg, tuna, spring onion, butter and garlic are mixed together then cooked to make a perfect lunch for the whole family.
Every time I go to stay at my Mum and Dad’s house I have a good look through my Mum’s recipe books. I think she buys one weekly and alway has a fresh pile for me to read. The last time I was visiting she had a really nice book that she had got for cooking with her grandchildren. It was called The Silver Spoon for Children – Favourite Italian Recipes It is a lovely book and has simple step by step instructions for kids to follow. The recipes all looked lovely but I particularly liked the look of the Tuna Frittata. I never wrote down the recipe so I am unsure if this is anything like the original but it turned out good and we all loved it.
Finn thought it was a very good pizza. (Anything cut into triangle wedges is a pizza!)
- 15 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- 3 spring onions - finely sliced
- 6 eggs
- 185 g (130g drained) tin of tuna in spring water
- Pre heat grill (broiler) to a high setting
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the spring onion and garlic, over a medium-low heat, until softened. (around 5 minutes) Add the tuna and stir.
- Turn the heat up and pour the eggs over the tuna and onions.
- Allow the bottom to cook (2 -3 minutes) and then transfer to the grill (broiler) until the egg is cooked through. (around 2-3 mins)
- Slice and serve.