Apples are not only a tasty snack, they area a great source of soluble fibre (important for digestive health) and contain a good amount of Vitamin C (needed for growth and to fight infection.) They taste delicious stewed and make a perfect filling for crepes. To make this snack / breakfast / dessert healthier I have used wholemeal flour instead of refined white flour.
Wholemeal Apple Crepes
- Apple Filling
- 4 apples (cored, peeled and chopped)
- 1/3 cup water
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup of milk
- butter / coconut oil for frying
- Put the apples and water in a sauce pan. Cover and cook on a low heat for approx. 8-10 mins.
- Put flour into a mixing bowl and mix in the eggs and milk. Whisk until you have a smooth batter. Alternatively put all ingredients into a blender and whiz until smooth.
- Heat a crepe pan /small frying pan over a medium/low heat and grease with a little butter or coconut oil.
- Ladle in approx. 2/3 tbsp of the batter into the pan and swirl until the batter forms a thin pancake covering the bottom of the pan.
- Wait 1 minute then flip the crepe and cook on the other side for 30s to 1 min.
- Remove from pan.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture.