There is a lot to love about these super healthy thumbprint cookies. With a nutritious ingredient list comprising of oats, banana, raspberries, chia seeds and cinnamon, you know you are giving your kids a delicious but also super healthy treat. They are nutritious enough to serve at breakfast but also freeze well and are lunch box friendly.
I have been making banana oat cookies for a while now and keep the same base recipe of banana and oats but add in extras like raspberries, peanut butter, nuts or seeds. It is such a flexible recipe that you can really alter to whatever you have available at the time. This is my newest version of the simple cookie. The addition of some super healthy chia jam has been a huge hit with the boys.
They are a perfect recipe to make with toddlers. They will love to mash, stir and form these cookies and you can't really go too wrong. I use my chia jam recipe as it contains only raspberries and chia seeds. You can, of course, use any jam you please.
You May Also Like
Have you tried this recipe? I love receiving your feedback, please rate and leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @healthylittlefoodies
Looking for more healthy kid recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more kid-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Healthy Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 Bananas ripe
- 1 cup (92g) Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Oat flour (Blended oats)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Chia Seed Jam*
- Pre heat oven to 180C / 350F and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mash the bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the oats, oat flour and cinnamon and stir until combined.
- Form table spoon balls of the mixture and lightly press down onto the baking tray. Form an indent with your thumb and spoon in some chia jam.
- Bake for approx 12 mins, until they become firm and slightly golden. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Leave a Comment