Pea and Mint Soup
A deliciously smooth and creamy soup with a gorgeous vibrant colour.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g (1.1lb) Potatoes
- 500g (3 ⅓ cups) Frozen Peas
- 1 litre (4 cups) Vegetable / Chicken Stock
- ½ Lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon Mint, finely chopped
Heat oil, in a large saucepan, over a medium high /heat. Add onions, reduce the heat and saute until softened (around five mins)
Add the garlic and stir for a further minute.
Peel and dice the potatoes, add them to the pot and cook for around 2 minutes.
Add the stock, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 12-15 mins.
Add the peas and continue to cook for a further 3 mins.
Add the lemon juice and then blend the soup (I used a hand blender) until smooth. Add the mint and blend again.
Taste and season, adding more mint if desired.
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.
- If cooking for a baby use homemade stock or baby stock cubes.
- If the soup is too thick you can add some more stock to thin it.
- If you do not have a stick blender, allow to cool slightly before adding to a blender or food processor to blend.
- You can add all the mint before blending but mint can be quite a strong flavour for kids. Start with a little mint, let them taste it and add more if desired.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 861mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 975IU | Vitamin C: 68.2mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 5.9mg