Ants on a Log Recipe
A delicious, healthy and fun snack to make with your kids. Easily adapted to suit tastes.
Servings 6 logs
- 3 Celery Sticks *SEE NOTE 1
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter *SEE NOTE 2
- 30 Raisins *SEE NOTE 3
Wash the celery sticks and cut each stick in half.
Add peanut butter into the concave part of each celery stick and spread.
Push raisins into the peanut butter to represent "ants"
1)Alternatives to celery include
2) Alternatives to peanut butter include
- Cucumber (slice in half, lengthways and scrape out seeds)
- Banana (slice in half, lengthways)
- Apple (cut into wedges)
- Pear (cut into wedges)
- Peach / Nectarine (cut into wedges)
3) Alternatives to raisins include
- Any nut butter
- Cream Cheese
- Cottage Cheese
- Mashed avocado/guacamole
- Greek Yoghurt
- Other dips/spreads (beetroot dip, carrot hummus, bean dip, tzatziki etc)
Nutritional information is a GUIDE only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator. Facts were calculated using the original recipe but will differ depending on the size of celery, the brand of peanut butter etc. If you choose different logs, filling and ants the facts will vary greatly.
- Other dried fruit (apricot, dates, figs, pineapple etc) cut into raisin-sized pieces.
- Cherry tomatoes
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.3mg