Baked Oatmeal Cups
Oats baked with fruit to make little hand held breakfast bites or a healthy kids' snacks. Great for blw (baby-led weaning).
Servings 24 Mini Muffins
- 2 Ripe bananas, mashed
- 200g (2 cups) Rolled oats
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 180ml (3/4 cup) Milk (of choice)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- 150g (1 1/4 cup) Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1 tsp Coconut oil (or butter) for greasing.
Pre heat oven to 180c / 350F / Gas 4
In a large mixing bowl add the mashed bananas and oats, stir until combined
Add the milk, egg & vanilla and stir until fully combined.
Add the berries and stir until evenly distributed through the mixture. I like to break up some of the bigger berries through the mixture.
Grease muffin tray using the oil (or use a silicon tray) and divide the mixture between the 24 cup sections (mini tray)
Bake until cooked through (a cocktail stick should come out clean) approx. 18 mins if using a mini muffin tray or approx. 25 min if using a standard tray.
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.
- DAIRY FREE - This recipe works well with both dairy and plant-based milk.
- EGG - You can replace the egg with a flax egg. Mix 1 tbsp of flaxseeds with 3 tbsp of the milk until it forms a gel.
- FLAVOUR - Fed up with mixed berries? Replace them with other fruits or flavour options. See above post for suggestions.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months
Calories: 53kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.4mg