Parmesan Chicken Strips
These parmesan chicken strips taste delicious baked. They are grain free and perfect for dipping.
Servings 4 people
- 500g (2 large) Chicken Breasts, cut into strips See note 1
- 60g (3/4 cup) Parmesan, grated See note 2
- 60g (2/3 cup) Ground Almonds See note 3
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- Light spray of Olive oil
Pre heat oven to 200C / 390F
Mix the parmesan and ground almonds together and place in a shallow bowl /flat plate.
Dip the chicken into the egg with one hand and then place in the parmesan mix. Use your other hand to sprinkle and roll in the parmesan mixture. Then transfer to rack on a baking tray. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Lightly spray with oil and bake for approx 15-18 mins (depending on size of chicken strips)
Serve straight away.
Nutritional information is an estimate only using an online nutrition calculator.
- I often use chicken tenders in this recipe to save me cutting breasts into strips. Simply replace the chicken breast with 500g / 1lb of chicken tenders.
- I buy a block of parmesan and freshly grate for this recipe. If you prefer you can replace with store bought fresh parmesan that you find in the chillers.
- You can replace the ground almonds with panko breadcrumbs if you do not have to worry about it being gluten free. You may need around another 1/3 of a cup.
Serving: 10f 4 | Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.8g | Protein: 38.8g | Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 280.4mg | Sugar: 0.7g