Sundried Tomato Salmon Fillets
Salmon fillets topped with a delicious sun-dried tomato paste, crunchy nuts and cheese.
Servings 4 people
- 4 Salmon Fillets (Mine weighed 450g)
- 4 tsp Sun-dried tomato pesto *SEE NOTE 1
- 33g 1/4 cup finely crushed cashew nuts *SEE NOTE 2
- 15g 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese *SEE NOTE 3
Preheat oven to 190c / 375f / Gas 5
Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on a lined baking tray.
Spread a teaspoon of sundried tomato paste over each salmon fillet.
Top with the crushed nuts, evenly distributed over each fillet, followed by the parmesan cheese.
Bake in the oven until cooked through (timing will depend on the thickness of the fillet) *SEE NOTE 4
Nutritional information is an ESTIMATE only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator. Facts will vary depending on the brands of ingredients used and should be used as a guide only.
- I used to make this recipe with Sun-dried tomato paste. When I lived in the UK I found it very easy to find. However I struggled to find it in Australia and as a replacement I used sundried tomato pesto which I think I actually prefer. I usually use store bought but if you prefer you can make your own.
- Crushed pine nuts also work well in this recipe. If you are looking for a nut free option you could use panko breadcrumbs.
- I buy a block of parmesan and freshly grate for this recipe. If you prefer you can replace with store bought fresh parmesan that you find in the chillers. Please don't replace it with the ambient grated parmesan that you find in the pasta isle. It will really change the flavour profile.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the salmon fillet. You want to cook your fillet for 4-6 mins for every 1.5cms (1/2 inch) of thickness. Check on the fillet 2 mins before the estimated cooking time. Carefully poke the thickest part of the fillet with a fork, if it flakes easily it’s ready. If not ready, return to the oven and keep repeating each minute until the thickeset part flakes through the entire thickness when you pirece with a fork.
Serving: 1fillet | Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.1g | Protein: 26.2g | Fat: 13.1g | Cholesterol: 54.3mg | Sodium: 267mg | Sugar: 0.8g