A delicious, delicately spice mixed fruit compote.
- 430g (3 cups) Mixed Berries (or fruit of choice)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Orange Juice
- Zest of half an orange
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
Add all ingredients to a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally
Once bubbling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Mash fruit as it simmers, to desired consistency.
Remove from heat and allow to cool before storing in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information is a rough guide only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.
- You can use fresh or frozen fruit.
- If you prefer a thicker compote then remove cooked compote from the heat and add a tbsp of chia seeds. Stir through and allow to thicken.
- If required, sweeten with sweetener of choice
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 50mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.1mg