Apple Puree / Sauce
Apple Puree takes little effort to make and can be used in a variety of ways.
- 6 Medium Apples , cored, peeled and cut into chunks.
- 60ml (¼ cup) Water
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Place all the ingredient into a heavy-based saucepan.
Cover and cook over a low heat until tender (15-20 mins)
Puree using a hand blender, blender or food processor.
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online calculator. The facts are based on using Pink Lady apples.
- My favourite apple in Kanzi or Pink Lady so this is what I use most often. Other great options include : McIntosh, Cortland, Fuji, Golden Delicious, Jazz, Royal Gala, Jonathan
- Cinnamon is optional. Leave out or replace with a different spice such as ginger, nutmeg, star anise, vanilla
- If you prefer a thicker consistency you can mash instead of puree using a fork or potato masher.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 194mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.2mg