Baked Kale Chips
A delicious, crispy snack that packs a nutritional punch.
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil *See Note 1
- Seasoning of choice (sea salt, smoked paprika, curry powder, nutritional yeast etc) See above for flavour suggestions.
Pre-heat oven to 150C / 300F
Remove leaves from the stem of the kale and tear into pieces.
Wash and scrupulously dry the kale *SEE NOTE 2
Add kale to a mixing bowl along with oil and seasoning (optional) of choice. Toss and massage the leaves to ensure they are evenly and fully coated with the oil and seasoning.
Spread the kale, in a single layer, on two large baking trays. *SEE NOTE 3
Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate trays and bake for 10 to 12 more minutes or until chips are dry, crispy and evenly baked. Watch closely at the end of cooking as it can burn easily.
Remove from the oven and allow to sit on the baking tray for a few minutes to cool and crisp up further.
Nutritional information is a rough guide only and is calculated using an online calculator. Nutritional facts are based on the recipe using olive oil and no seasoning
- You can replace the olive oil with an oil of choice (e.g avocado oil/sesame oil/coconut oil)
- It is important that the kale is really dry or it will not crisp up.
- Don't overcrowd the tray, keep the kale to a single layer without it touching too much. Overcrowding the tray will result in the kale steaming and not crisping up enough.
Calories: 46kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 159mg | Vitamin A: 3245IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 0.5mg