Frozen Banana Treats
Natural Peanut Butter and Chia Jam, sandwiched between two banana slices and frozen. A delicious and healthy snack.
Servings 14 Bites
- 2 Bananas *SEE NOTE 1
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter *SEE NOTE 2
- 1 tbsp Raspberry Chia Jam *SEE NOTE 3
Peel bananas and slice bananas approx 1.5-2cm thick (1/2 - 3/4 inch) thick.
Add a small amount of nut butter to a banana slice and top with a small amount of chia jam. Top with another banana slice to make a sandwich. *SEE NOTE 4
Continue until all the banana is used up. I made 14 but how many you make will depend on the size of your banana and how thick you slice.
Line a baking tray with a silicon mat/baking paper and place the banana treats on the tray in a single layer, ensuring the bites to not touch (this stops them from clumping together.
Freeze for two hours (or longer) and then transfer to a freezable container. Enjoy straight from the freezer.
Nutritional information is a rough guide only, calculated using an online calculator. Values will vary depending on the size of bananas used, the nut butter brand and chia jam brand/recipe.
- Make sure your bananas are ripe, green bananas will not work as well.
- You can replace peanut butter with any nut butter of choice.
- I use 2 ingredient chia jam, it is easy to make and tastes great with the sweetness of the banana.
- You don't want to add too much nut butter and jam as it will squeeze out and make a mess! See picture above for the amount I added to each slice.
Serving: 1Bite | Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Potassium: 73mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.1mg