Pistachio and Raspberry Muffins
A delicious muffin with crunchy pistachio and soft raspberry in every bite!
- 70g (1/2 cup) Shelled Pistachios
- 120g (1 cup) Plain Flour
- 40g (1/3 cup) Wholemeal Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 220g (1 cup) Mashed Banana
- 2 tbsp Honey *SEE NOTE 1
- 120ml (1/2 cup) Milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- zest of 1 Lemon
- ADD INS / TOPPINGS
- 150g (1.5 cups) Raspberries (frozen)
- 35g (1/4 cup) Shelled Pistachios
Pre heat oven to 175C and line 12x muffin tray with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray.
Add 70g pistachios to a food processor and blend until a fine crumb. Add to a mixing bowl along with the remaining dry ingredients. Mix and set aside.
In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and add the remaining wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
Add the remaining pistachios to a food processor and blend until roughly chopped.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet, reserving a tablespoon, and stir until just combined. (A few lumps are ok). SEE NOTE 2
Coat the raspberries in the reserved dry ingredient mixture and gently fold into the batter. SEE NOTE 3
Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the chopped pistachios and bake for 23-25 mins, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Remove the muffins from the muffin tray and place on a cooling rack to cool.
Nutritional information is a rough ESTIMATE only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.
- Honey is not suitable for under 1s. It can be missed out or replaced with maple syrup.
- Be careful not to overwork the mixture. Mix until JUST combined, the batter should be thick and lumpy.
- Coating the raspberries in flour, before adding them to the batter, will prevent the raspberries from sinking to the bottom.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.2mg