Delicious fluffy pancakes filled with cinnamon-spiced apple and raisins.
Servings 18 pancakes
- 40g 1/4 cup Raisins
- 2 Apples, finely chopped (roughly 0.5cm cubed) I used Pink Lady
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil * can substitute with butter
- 60g Wholemeal (wholewheat) Flour * SEE NOTE 1
- 60g Plain (all purpose) Flour * SEE NOTE 1
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
Place the raisins in a small bowl and soak with boiling water. (SEE NOTE 2)
Heat a nonstick skillet over a medium heat and add one teaspoon of the coconut oil (or butter). Add the chopped apple and cinnamon, reduce the heat, and saute until soft, around 3 mins. Remove from heat.
In a large mixing bowl combine the flours and baking powder. In a separate bowl mix together the egg and milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir. Don't over mix, a few small and medium lumps are fine.
Drain the raisins and add to the pancake batter along with the sauteed apples. Stir until just combined.
Heat a nonstick skillet on a medium heat (SEE NOTE 3) and brush with coconut oil/butter. Add tablespoons of the mixture into the pan, I did 4 at a time.
When bubbles rise to the surface, flip and cook the other side until golden.
Repeat until the mixture is finished.
Nutritional information is a rough ESTIMATE only. Results will vary depending on brands used.
- I often make these with 100% wholemeal flour. Depending on what your family is used to, you can use 100% plain, 100% wholemeal or any ratio in between.
- This step is optional but I love how plump and moist the raisins become when soaked. They taste great in the pancakes.
- The trick to making good pancakes is to get the temperature right. This will vary depending on the stove. Make a small test pancake first to check the temperature. If the outside is scorched and the inside is still raw then turn down the heat.
Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 0.5mg