Frozen Kiwi Pops Recipe
Frozen kiwi pops dipped in yoghurt or dark chocolate. A delicious treat for the whole family.
- 3 Kiwis
- 1/2 cup Natural Greek Yoghurt (Optional - see NOTE 1)
- 120 g Dark Chocolate (Optional - See NOTE 1)
- 2.5 tsp Coconut Oil (If dipping in chocolate)
- 2 tbsp Crushed Pistachio (Optional)
Line a baking tray with parchment paper/silicone mat.
Slice the ends off of each kiwi and carefully peel. SEE NOTE 2
Slice each peeled kiwi into rounds around 1cm in thickness. I generally get 3 to 4 slices from each kiwi.
Gently push a popsicle stick into each slice of kiwi, to halfway up the kiwi.
Freeze until completely frozen throughout. Around 3 hours
If using chocolate to dip....Once your kiwi is completely frozen, melt your chocolate either using the microwave method or double boiler method and stir in the coconut oil until combined. (SEE NOTE 3) Dip your kiwi slices into the chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to drip off. Sprinkle with crushed nuts (optional) and return to the freezer until you are ready to enjoy. (SEE NOTE 4) If using yoghurt to dip...Dip the frozen kiwi into the yoghurt and smooth with a spoon. Sprinkle with crushed nuts (optional) Return to the freezer until frozen. (SEE NOTE 4)
Nutritional information is a ROUGH GUIDE only and is calculated using an online nutrition calculator. Facts will vary greatly depending on the coating used, amount used and size of kiwi slices. The results were calculated based on the kiwi being dipped in the chocolate coating.
- I often serve the frozen kiwi pops just as they are but if you do wish to add a coating then yoghurt and dark chocolate (or even a combination of both) work well.
- I find the easiest way to peel a kiwi is to take a dessert spoon and insert it between the fruit and the peel. Gently move the spoon around the flesh in a circular motion being careful to stay as close to the peel as possible. (Picture in above post for illustration)
- Be very careful melting your chocolate, here are some great tips for melting chocolate. https://www.wikihow.com/Melt-Chocolate-for-Dipping
- Make sure your kiwi is completely frozen, you do not want the kiwi to be wet or the chocolate will slide off.
- If you wish to do a combination of yoghurt and chocolate, dip in the yoghurt first and allow to freeze before adding the chocolate.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 170mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 25.3mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1.5mg