Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
A delicious and comforting soup with very little prep.
- 700g (1 1/2 Pounds) Skinless Chicken Breast *See Note 1
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 240g (approx 3 medium) Carrots, peeled and chopped * See Note 2
- 80g (approx 3 stalks) Celery, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 litres (8 cups) Chicken Stock *See Note 3
- 250g (8.8oz) Spaghetti, snapped into pieces *See Note 4
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
Add chicken, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, bay leaves and chicken stock to a slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours
Remove the cooked chicken breast and shred using two forks, the meat should fall apart easily.
Add the chicken back into the cooker along with the pasta. Switch to a high setting, cover and cook for around 15 - 20 mins, until the noodles are cooked.
Stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
Nutritional information is an ESTIMATE, calculated using an online nutrition calculator. The facts will vary depending on the brands of products used and they should be used as a rough GUIDE only.
- You can replace the breast meat with thigh meat if you prefer. Just remove the bone and shred at the same stage as you would the breast meat.
- I slice the thinner part of the carrot to give rounds and then dice the thicker end of the carrot. Slice / dice to your preference.
- For young children you should use homemade or low sodium chicken stock to reduce the sodium level. Alternatively reduce the amount of stock and replace with water.
- You can use any pasta you wish but the cooking time may vary, check every five mins after the set cooking time, until cooked. I like to use spaghetti and snap it into thirds, you can snap it into smaller pieces if you prefer.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5125IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg