Savoury Waffles Recipe
Shredded Sweet Potato and Carrot mixed with cheese, flour & eggs. Cooked in a waffle machine, making them a great finger food and perfect for the lunchbox.
- 2 medium (approx. 220g) Carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 medium (approx. 265g) Sweet Potato, peeled and grated
- 1 cup (125g) Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (70g) Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 1 Spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
Add the grated carrot, sweet potato, cheese, spring onion, parsley and wholemeal flour into a large mixing bowl and stir until combined. SEE NOTE 1
Add the eggs and mix well.
Spray waffle machine with oil (if needed) and heat to a medium setting (if it has settings.)
Place 2/3 - 1 cup of the mixture in the centre of the waffle machine and spread a little to the sides. Close and cook for approx. 5 mins, until browned, crispy and cooked through in the centre. Remove from waffle machine and place on a wire rack.
Repeat until all the mixture has been used up.
Nutritional information is an ESTIMATE only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator. It should be used as a rough guide only.
- I used a food processor to grate the vegetables which I believe gives the best results. If you use a box grater then the vegetables can become mush and clump together. This will depend on how sharp your box grater is and the force you use. If very wet, I recommend squeezing some of the juice out (using a cheese cloth / clean dish cloth) before mixing with the flour and egg.
- You can easily change the vegetables you use in this recipe. I have, in the past, tried a mixture of grated onion, capsicum (bell pepper), zucchini (courgette). If adding other vegetables I recommend squeezing the juice out before mixing with the flour and egg.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6360IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 0.6mg