Roasted Carrot Strips Recipe
Thin strips of carrots roasted until deliciously sweet, chewy and crunchy.
- 450g Carrots * SEE NOTE 1
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika * SEE NOTE 2
Pre heat oven to 180C / 350F
Top and tail the carrot and slice very thinly, lengthways, to form long, even strips . I used a mandoline to do this but you could use a y peeler.
Place the carrots strips flat on a baking tray, side by side, making sure they don't overlap. (I usually fill 2 baking trays)
Lightly brush each carrot strip with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with a dusting of smoked paprika. *SEE NOTE 2
Bake for approx. 20 mins, flipping them halfway. *SEE NOTE 3
Nutritional information is an ESTIMATE calculated using an online nutrition calculator. It should be used as a rough guide only.
- I filled two baking trays with carrot strips and my total weight was 450g. This will vary depending on size of carrots and the thickness of the strips.
- Smoked paprika is optional, I love the sweet, smokey taste it gives. You can leave it out or substitute it for another spice, such as cumin.
- You may need slightly shorter / longer than 20 mins depending on your oven and the thickness of the carrots. I sometimes roast them for longer as I like the crispy texture.
Serving: 1of 4 portions | Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 19040IU | Vitamin C: 6.6mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 0.5mg