Banana and Oat Cookies
Banana Oatmeal Cookies are naturally sweetened and easy to prepare. With only two base ingredients and a variety of ways to customise, you can make a version to suit every family member!
- 2 Ripe bananas *NOTE 1
- 165g 1 3/4 cup Oats *NOTE 2 & 3
Pre heat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray/sheet with baking/parchment paper
In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas really well, until smooth. Add the oats and mix until fully combined.
Add in any additions to suit taste *NOTE 4
Form tablespoon sized cookies and place on prepared baking tray. (make sure to form cookie shapes and not balls as these will not spread into shape like normal cookies)
Bake for approx 15 mins, or until cookies are golden and set.
Allow to cool before eating.
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator. It does not include any additional add-ins.
- The riper your bananas the sweeter your cookie will be.
- You can use rolled oats, quick oats or oat flour. I rarely buy quick oats but I usually blitz rolled oats in a blender for a couple of seconds to break them down a bit.
- You need roughly 165g of oats to two large bananas. This roughly equates to 1 3/4 cups rolled oats or 1 1/2 cups quick oats /oat flour.
- Add a range of additional ingredient to change the flavour profile (e.g spices, lime/ orange zest, choc chips, dried fruit etc. See post for a detailed list of suggestions and flavour combinations.)
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 days or freeze.
Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Potassium: 96mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.5mg