Apples stuffed with a spiced oat and nut mixture. Baked for a delicious dessert.
- 40g (1/4 cup) Raisins
- 47g (1/4 cup) Butter, melted
- 28g (3 tbsp) Almond Flour
- 20g (3 tbsp) Rolled oats
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Honey *SEE NOTE 1
- 4 Apples (I used pink ladies)
Preheat oven to 180c /360F and grease
Add the raisins to a small bowl and soak in boiling water. (This stops the raisins burning and having a bitter taste)
Mix the melted butter, almond flour, oats, cinnamon, ginger and honey together in a bowl.
Core the apples using an apple corer. If you don't have an apple corer you can use a small paring knife.
Drain the raisins and add to the oat mixture, stir until combined.
Fill each apple with the mixture, there should be just the right amount to fill the four apples. Any extra mixture can be added to the top of the apples.
Place apples on a baking tray and bake for approx 30-45 mins. (SEE NOTE 2)
Nutritional information is an ESTIMATE only, calculated using an online calculator. They should be used as a rough guide only and will vary depending on the brand of ingredients used.
- Honey is optional, it is there for added sweetness. You can choose to omit it or increase the amount, depending on taste. Do not add honey for under 1s.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the type and size of apple used. I found 35 mins perfect for my small pink lady apples.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 8.9mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.1mg