Curried Lentil and Coconut Soup
A mildly spiced soup with delicious sweet toppings to complement the spice.
Servings 5 people
- 25g (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 onion (brown or white), finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 130g (1 cup) red split lentils
- 1 litre (4 cups) Vegetable or chicken stock (broth) * See Note 1
- 400g (1 can) coconut milk
- Desiccated Coconut & raisins to top (optional)
Heat the butter in pan. Add the onion and carrots and cook on a medium / low heat until softened. (around 10 mins)
Add the curry powder and cook, continually stirring, for a further minute.
Add the lentils, stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes (until the lentils are tender)
Puree and serve.
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.
- If serving to a baby / young child reduce the sodium levels by using home made stock (broth), low sodium stock or mix half and half with water.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.6g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 10.8mg | Sodium: 448mg | Sugar: 3.1g