This green smoothie is a fantastic way to add greens into your child's diet. Deliciously sweet, creamy with no taste of spinach!
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Total Time5 minutes mins
- 2 Cups Spinach (roughly 58g)
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Apple cored and chopped
- 1 Kiwi peeled and chopped
- 1 Handful Blueberries (roughly 35g)
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- ½ Cup (125ml) Milk of choice
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator. Facts will vary depending on the greens, fruit, milk and add ins used.
- The order you add your ingredients can make a difference to how easily your smoothie will blend. You want the liquid and easier-to-blend fruit at the bottom, nearest the blade. In some blenders, this will involve you adding them first and in others (where you have to screw on a lid with a blade and flip), you will have to add them last.
- Using frozen banana gives the smoothie a lovely thick and creamy texture.
- You can replace the apple, kiwi and blueberry with around 1.5 cups of chopped fruit (of choice). Fresh or frozen will work.
- You can use milk of choice, dairy and dairy-free milk both work.
- Chia seeds are added for extra nutrition. You can miss out or replace with flaxseed, nut butter, hemp seed, nuts or oats.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 795mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 4213IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 2mg