Lemon and Parmesan Crusted Salmon Recipe
This Parmesan Crusted Salmon is really delicious yet so easy to prepare and cook. It is a fantastic dish for young kids due to the mild flavour and soft texture of the salmon. Kids will also love the delicious crispy parmesan coating.
- 4 salmon fillets (mine weighed a total of 540g)
- 15g 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan *SEE NOTE 1
- 40g 3/4 cup breadcrumbs *SEE NOTE 2
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of one lemon
Pre-heat oven to 190c / 375f / Gas 5
Mix the parmesan, breadcrumbs and lemon zest together. Add the oil and combine.
Place fillet, skin side down, on a lined baking tray and press breadcrumb mixture, evenly, on top of each fillet.
Bake in the oven until cooked through. (timing will depend on thickness of fillet) Mine was 4.5cm thick and took 15mins *SEE NOTE 3
Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the fillets and serve.
Nutritional information is an ESTIMATE, calculated using an online calculator. Facts will differ depending on the brands used. They should be used as a rough GUIDE only.
- I buy a block of parmesan and freshly grate for this recipe. If you prefer you can replace with store bought fresh parmesan that you find in the chillers. Please don't replace it with the ambient grated parmesan that you find in the pasta aisle. It will really change the flavour profile.
- I've used fresh breadcrumbs, dried breadcrumbs and panko breadcrumbs (depending on what I had available) in this recipe and have liked the result with them all. Panko would be my favourite.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the salmon fillet. You want to cook your fillet for 4-6 mins for every 1.5cms (1/2 inch) of thickness. Check on the fillet 2 mins before the estimated cooking time. Carefully poke the thickest part of the fillet with a fork, if it flakes easily it’s ready. If not ready, return to the oven and keep repeating each minute until the thickest part flakes through the entire thickness when you pierce with a fork.
Serving: 1fillet | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.3g | Protein: 30.1g | Fat: 10.8g | Cholesterol: 65.3mg | Sodium: 216.6mg | Sugar: 0.5g