Sweet Potato Wedges
Delicious sweet potato wedges that the whole family will love.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time35 minutes mins
Total Time45 minutes mins
Course: Snack / Side Dish
Cuisine: Sweet Potato
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika SEE NOTE 1
Pre heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6
Wash and scrub sweet potatoes and cut off the ends.
Cut each potato lengthways into 8 wedges and place into a large mixing bowl (SEE NOTE 2)
Add the olive oil and smoked paprika and toss to combine. (SEE NOTE 3)
Arrange potatoes in a single layer on baking tray/s (SEE NOTE 4)
Bake for 30 - 35 mins flipping halfway through the cook time. Allow the wedges to cool on the baking tray for 5 mins and then serve.
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online calculator.
- Adding smoked paprika is optional, you can miss it out or choose a different herb or spice.
- The aim is to cut wedges that are roughly the same in size to achieve more even cooking. As sweet potatoes vary greatly in size you may have to cut them in half down the middle. The cooking time can differ depending on the size of your potatoes.
- Make sure to coat all the wedges evenly. You may need more/less oil, depending on the size of your potatoes.
- Take care not to overcrowd your baking tray/s as this can cause excess moisture and soggy wedges.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 9470IU | Vitamin C: 1.6mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.5mg