Sautéed Apple and Cinnamon Wedges Recipe
Delicious wedges of apple pan-fried in a little oil and a good shake of cinnamon. Perfect as a snack for kids/babies but also great as a healthy dessert for the whole family.
- 2 Apples *SEE NOTE 1
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil *SEE NOTE 2
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon *SEE NOTE 3
Core and cut apple into wedges. I cut them into 16ths (half apple then half again 3 more times) (See picture above)
Heat coconut oil in frying pan over a medium / low heat.
Add apples and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Lightly fry for 5-10 mins (until desired softness is achieved)
- You can use any apples you wish. As there is no added sweetener I find using a sweet apple works best. My personal favourite is Pink Lady apples.
- I use coconut oil in this recipe. If you would prefer not to use coconut oil then you can substitute it with butter.
- I use quite a bit of cinnamon as we love the taste. I don't usually measure and just put a good shake of cinnamon into the pan. Obviously, you can adjust the amount you use to suit taste. You can also omit it if you prefer.
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 97mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.2mg