Apple wedges pan-fried in a little coconut oil and a good shake of cinnamon.
- 2 Apples *SEE NOTE 1
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil *SEE NOTE 2
- 1 tsp Cinnamon *SEE NOTE 3
Core and cut apple into wedges. I cut them into 16ths (half apple then half again 3 more times)
Heat coconut oil in frying pan over a medium / low heat. Add the apple wedges and sprinkle with cinnamon
Lightly fry for 10-15 mins (depending on the firmness of the initial apple), stirring as necessary, until desired softness is achieved. Add tbsps of water as needed.
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online nutrition calculator.
- Use any apples you wish. As there is no added sweetener I find using a sweet apple works best. Pictured are Pink Lady apples.
- Coconut oil can be substituted with butter if preferred.
- Adjust the amount of cinnamon you use to suit your taste. You can also omit it if you prefer.
- If making for a baby you will want to cook the apples until they are really soft. Hard apple can be a choking hazard if bits break off.
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 51IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg