Slow Cooker Sausage Hotpot
An easy and delicious family meal that the kids will love.
Servings 6 people
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 12 Good quality sausages ( I used Pork)
- 3 Capsicum peppers (bell peppers) (you can use any colour)
- 1 400g (14oz) Can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 400g (14oz) Can butter beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 400g (14oz) Can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree (tomato paste)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic and fry for 5-10 mins (until softened) Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
Add the sausages to the same pan and cook for 5-10min (until browned all over) Transfer to the slow cooker.
Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker, mix and cook on low for 6-8 hours
Nutritional information is a ROUGH guide only, calculated using an online calculator.
Calories: 857kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 1938mg | Potassium: 1218mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2345IU | Vitamin C: 87mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 5.7mg