Veggie Chickpea Sticks
A great finger food for kids of all ages. Perfect for the lunchbox too.
- 55 g (1/2 cup) grated carrots
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 400 g can Chickpeas (drained and washed)
- 1/2 red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 60 g (1/2 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 handful of spinach leaves (chopped)
- 60 g (1/2 cup) frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs
Pre heat oven to 180c / 350F / Gas 4 and prepare two baking trays with baking paper / reusable baking sheets.
Squeeze as much liquid out of the carrots as possible. Reserve the carrot juice and add water to it to make it up to 80ml (1/3 cup) of liquid in total.
Mix the chia seeds and carrot juice mixture together and set aside.
Add all other ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the chia seed mixture and pulse until mixed together.
Take approx a 3/4 tablespoon of the mixture and form into a finger shape (alternatively you could make cookie shape or nuggets) Repeat until the mixture has finished.
Bake in the oven for 15 mins.