Courgette Soup (Zucchini Soup)
A deliciously smooth and creamy soup.
- 30g (2 tbsp) Butter * SEE NOTE 1
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 kg (2lb) Courgettes (zucchinis), halved lengthways and sliced. * SEE NOTE 2
- 1 litre (4 cups) Vegetable / Chicken Stock * SEE NOTE 3
- 120ml (½ cup) Cream * SEE NOTE 1
Melt butter, over a medium heat, in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for approx. 5 mins (until lightly golden)
Add the courgettes, reduce the heat and allow the vegetables to sweat for 10 mins (lid on)
Add the stock and simmer for 25 mins, until the courgettes are very soft.
Using a stick blender, whizz until smooth.
Add the cream (optional) and stir through.
Delicious served with some freshly grated parmesan.
Nutritional information is a rough guide only, calculated using an online calculator.
- To make dairy free you can replace the butter with olive oil. You can miss out the cream, the soup is actually quite creamy without the extra cream.
- 1kg is roughly 6 medium courgettes
- Use homemade stock or low sodium stock if serving to baby / young child. You can also replace some of the stock with water to reduce sodium levels.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 1014mg | Potassium: 692mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1190IU | Vitamin C: 47.3mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg